GUEST SAFETY BRIEFING
IF YOUR GUEST HAS A FIREARMS LICENSE
Guest may shoot without direct supervision if he/she has a firearms license for the class (Non-Restricted / Restricted / Prohibited) of firearm which is being used, but may not be left unattended.
IF YOUR GUEST DOES NOT HAVE A FIREARMS LICENSE
Guest MUST be under DIRECT SUPERVISION (within arms reach, member not shooting) of member at all times that Guest is on the firing line.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG POLICY
It is the duty of every member to ensure that they and their guests are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on club premises.
The board maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE policy with respect to members, or guests, who are under the influence.
It is the duty of every member to immediately report infractions of this policy to the board. Members found to violate this policy may be suspended from range access indefinitely.
- All targets must be hung AT EYE LEVEL based on the shooter(s) position.
- Eye and Ear protection must be worn on the firing line at all times.
- Guest shooters must be signed in.
- Aiways maintain proper muzzle control when shooting.
- All firearms are to be uncased at the firing line with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Unattended firearms must be left unloaded, action open, and pointed in a safe direction.
- For rifles and handguns, all ammunition is permitted EXCEPT: armour piercing, incendiary, or tracer rounds.
- Targets must be constructed of paper (no glass, cans, etc.)
- Targets must not be photographs of individuals (boss, ex, etc.)
- Always ensure rounds are striking the backstop not side berms.
- In the event that another member calls a “CEASE FIRE” you must:
- stop shooting immediately
- unload your Firearm
- step back from firing line
- Observe all rules posted.
Please ensure that you have read and understand all safety rules and regulations before using the range and CDFGC Facilities.