Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education (CORE)
The Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education (CORE) Program is British Columbia’s Hunter Education Program. It is also a great program for anyone interested in outdoor recreation.
The program ensures you have the basic knowledge and skill requirements for safe and ethical participation in hunting. If you are 18 years of age or older and you are a BC resident, you are required to complete the CORE program if you wish to obtain a hunting licence.
The CORE Program consists of a practical firearms handling test, and a written examination on all of the following subjects:
- Law and Regulations
- First Aid and Survival
- Firearm Safety
- Animal Identification
- Bird Identification
Non Restricted Possession And Acquisition (PAL) Course
The Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) is the primary firearms license under Canadian firearms laws. The PAL is the only license issued to new adult firearms license applicants in Canada; it is both required and the only permissible document for a person to acquire or permanently import a firearm.
Canadian Firearms Safety Course is for those who want to get a Possession Acquisition License to acquire and possess Non-Restricted firearms.
Topics covered include:
- the evolution of firearms, major parts types and actions
- basic firearms safety practices
- operating firearm actions
- safe handling and carry procedures
- firing techniques and procedures
- care of non-restricted firearms
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.
PAL / C.O.R.E. classes and one on one
Leslie and Walt Koshynsky
PAL courses and shooter training